To Africa and Beyond

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sula Bulungi


So in moments like I this, I do I have to stand back and smile. Miss E went to bed with a full belly, bright eyes and a sheepish smile. In her own way she expressed me, "Mama, I got this. I'll put myself to bed tonight." Where do I sign!!

Ten minutes later, this is how I found her!! Ellie definitely has to do things "her" way. =) 

Right now the nights are long. Long AND hard. With my sweet husband in AL I am most certainly missing his help in the wee small hours. And whew. Doing this singlehandedly - oh my. But even though the hard moments are there (like having a crying baby from 12-2 am) so are the {really sweet} moments like this that has me grateful for the thick and thin times that are meant to point us to Jesus and seek rest in Him. 

So even though I probably won't be sleeping much, I will take joy and rest!! In knowing that God IS giving me exactly what I need in this very moment.
Sula Bulungi abantu 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, absolutely encouraging for these long, tiring days and nights!! I can not get over that sleeping position, haha haha! Thankful there is purpose in these times and that He is overseeing every nanosecond.

    ReplyDelete