To Africa and Beyond

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Deal of the week! 02.01

Okay. So everyone likes to find a good bargain - especially the women in my family. I just had to share my savings because I knew this would make them proud. ;o) 
Daniel's cousin Shelley and her 1 year old son met me in Fairhope to a children's consignment sale on Saturday morning (after my turn off road was shut down and the GPS decided that I already arrived to my destination when that was clearly not the case, but I did finally get there). We chose to go on Saturday because it was the last day of the consignment sale which means everything was discounted half off (unless marked otherwise). I already made a list of certain things I was on the lookout for. This makes things ALOT easier. I am always paranoid that I am purchasing something twice that I already have for Ellie. So here's what I walked away with [note the prices are compared to the closest item I could find from the same company].

Cosco Stroller - $9 vs. $37.06
BabyLegs leggings - $1 vs. $10
Gap yellow skinny jeans - $5 vs. $29.95
Little Me swimsuit - $2.50 vs. $29.50
iplay swim diaper - $1 vs. $12
Carter's Sunday dress - $1.50 vs. $23
Carter's romper - $1 vs. $11
Okie Dokie long shirt &
Okie Dokie jean skirt - $2.50 together vs. $12 each
REEF flip flops - $2 vs. $22
Old Navy shoes - $1.50 vs. $13
Activity Train block set - $2 vs. $60


So you might wonder what all this comes down to. I'm so glad you asked. ;o)
I spent: $29       Items bought full price: $271.51       Saved: $242.51
So for the price of Gap's skinny jeans, I got 11 other things. One of those things being a stroller!! 
I left a happy girl. Plus I got to eat a burger out for lunch with Shelley which was great.
What bargains did you walk away with this past weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment