To Africa and Beyond

Friday, January 31, 2014

{5 months} 01.31

My little one is now 5 months old!! I cannot believe it. Does time really fly by THAT FAST?! Whew. I feel the need to become a "soaker" so all I do is absorb the surroundings about me. 

Ellie is now rolling over quite frequently these days. She started doing this more regularly almost 3 weeks ago. Ellie actually gets to places. Example: Yesterday Ellie got super quiet while Daniel and I ate lunch together. Daniel went and checked on her and she had rolled off her pallet, gotten a piece of paper and then rolled back over onto the pallet to then continue snacking on her beloved paper. Needless to say she was not thrilled when that was taken away from her.
About that same time she has started recognizing her own name and responds whenever we call her. 
She has developed a particular interest in her fingers now and loves to look at them as she intertwines her fingers together. So precious.
Ellie is getting better about sitting up. 
She notices when Daniel or I leave the room. And now lifts her little chubby hands up whenever she wants us to get her and has a little cry of desperation that goes along with that too. 
Her most prized trick lately is when she props herself up on her elbow to look around. :o) 
Ellie remains the most cheerful baby I have ever known (and I am not just saying that ;o). 
I am so grateful for her life.

Does time seem to run by you like it does for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment